Friday, August 19, 2011

We've Moved!!!




Ok so we only moved 30 miles west from Powell to Cody but we moved! I'm really liking living in the "big" city, we're that much closer to Walmart. Being close to Walmart is a must. ;) The huge downer of moving is having to get rid of Leo, my tabby. Tear. I really miss him, it's hard having Tanner gone for the whole week and having no one to talk to. I know I sound like a creepy cat-lady talking about missing that little guy, but I really do miss him. He was a comfort to me when Tanner wasn't there. So now I'm all alone.... One of my favorite pictures of Leo.


Other big news: I finally got a flippin job! Woot! And it's literally across the parking lot of our apartment building, like maybe 20 steps. I am now working full-time as a receptionist for a chiropractic office. I started almost a month ago and I'm really liking it so far.


I am just noticing that I haven't blogged for forever, but in my defense I have an extremely boring life. We, Tanner and I, did go to Lake Powell last month with my Uncle Larry and Aunt Marsha. I need to steal some pictures from Facebook so I can post them here. :)
Lake Powell was a blast. We ate, rode the water-wheelers and the tube, swam and swam, and generally got way too much sun! Our houseboat for the week.


Who wouldn't want to take this girl home to Wyoming?


Water-wheelers are so much fun!


LOVE THEM!!!

HOLD ON!!!

Making sandcastles the way my momma used to.



Very tiny picture from Tanner's phone. But it's Tanner and Dustin jumping from a high cliff.

Tanner on the Air Chair, of course he was a natural.


Tanner's wipeout!


All the Borens on the tube!


Showoffs.

Probably the very best/my favorite picture from Lake Powell!!!


After Lake Powell, my little sister, Georgie came and visited. It was so ironic that I haven't been able to find a job until the week she came! But I took her to the library and got her a ton of books and movies. We didn't have internet because we had just moved so poor Georgie had to go without Facebook and Netflix. I then taught her to go on the deck to steal some poor souls internet, so stupid to not have a secured network, but so handy for us!

While Georgie was visiting we thought it would be the perfect time to go to Yellowstone. It was the first time for all of us! We went to Old Faithful first as it was the longest drive, big disappointment. I guess it was cool but there were so many people and it was over before you knew it. We drove around the park hoping to see some animals, all we saw was one elk and two bison, really!?! Georgie commented that we saw more animals in the town of Cody than in Yellowstone, kinda annoying for a place known for its wildlife. After all the driving and a little bit of hiking we stopped for some dinner. Another big disappointment, overpriced and no good food. I was kinda cranky by the time we got home, but am still glad we went. Tanner and I want to go back and drive less and hike more, oh and pack a lunch!

More tiny pictures from Tanner's phone, I don't know why we never think to bring our camera?





Old Faithful......there she blows.



I'm never standing next to Georgie again, she makes me look especially wide.






Oh George!



Not Yellowstone, Big Horn Mountains. Still a cool picture though.


I took Georgie to Billings, Montana to go school shopping and we found some really great stuff! The most epic deal of the day, yes I'm using the overused word "epic" because there is no other word to describe it, was buying two pairs of Gap jeans for $11.00! Yes I said two pairs of jeans! They were on sale, but when we got to the register there was an additional 40% taken off! We also found really great deals at TJ Maxx, Abercrombie and Fitch and American Eagle sweaters for $15.00 each. Normally at those stores you can easily spend $40.00 for a sweater. After a long day full of shopping, Tanner didn't come or he would've hated life, we went for a yummy dinner at Texas Roadhouse, so good! I'm pretty sure I inhaled two rolls in two minutes flat! Georgie had already done some shopping with my other sister Danielle. So I think between the two of us Georgie got a good mix of clothes, Danielle likes trendy, hippy-ish clothes, and I love me some preppy sweaters and skinny jeans!


Georgie stayed with us for 13 days then it was time for her to go home. :( Tanner drove her to Billings, I had to work, and Georgie hopped on a plane all by herself to Vegas. She told me she had to sit by a couple, and the husband ordered five drinks before they got to Vegas, five drinks in two hours! Other than that she made it safe and sound and thankful to be out of Wyoming! Lucky duck, but I miss her dearly, it was fun to have a friend around 24/7.


Well I suppose that's all the happening of my life for the last while. This turned out to be quite a large post! Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment